This traditionally Indian, naturally gluten-free, sweet preparation is made with organic jaggery and gram/chickpea flour. Also called Besan ki Chakki, this super-healthy, delicious, fudgy, and melt-in-mouth traditional Indian chickpea flour fudge is a must-have for the festive season or any occasion in India. Gur Besan Burfi stays good for long periods if refrigerated, and is a great, healthy treat for Kids, and can be packed for on-the-go activities or lunch boxes.
High in folic acid, which is important for iron production and rapid growth of red and white blood cells in the body, Gur besan barfi has various health benefits. Besan, apart from being rich in protein and fiber, is also rich in potassium, zinc, copper and vitamin B-6 and thiamine. Jaggery is a super-nutritious, wholesome sugar. Together, these are known to help fight infections and assist in building a stronger immune system.
Many of us have given in to food cravings, especially sweet ones during the lockdown. Though indulgence once in a while, is ok, it can become an unhealthy habit, if not controlled. Eating good-old desi sweets, made healthful, using traditional recipes, can satisfy our cravings the healthful way.
Allergen Information: contains nuts. Made in a manufacturing facility that also processes wheat, milk, nuts, soy and oats.
- gluten-free, sweet preparation is made with organic jaggery and gram/chickpea flour
- Immunity boosting, rich in fiber, protein, nutrients and antioxidants
- Made using organic jaggery
- Traditional authentic recipe, gift packing available
- Healthy sweetmeat that freshens the mouth; great after-food delight and for any celebration/ festival, or on-the-go mithai!
Ingredients: Gram flour, clarified butter, organic jaggery, almonds.